- I took a few days off from blogging/e-mail. Sometimes it's just nice to unplug for a while.
- Also took time off from writing poetry to work on manuscript revisions. Almost there.
- That being said, I just got a new iPhone for my birthday! Once I figure out how to get my old number to the iPhone, I'm in business, baby!
- I'm still blown away from the time I spent with poet Natasha Trethewey. She read at Babson on Feb. 13, and spoke to students at a Q&A session the next day. I was able to spend a little quality time with her, including driving her back to her hotel after the reading, and lunch the next day.
- The reading was excellent. Natasha's poem strikes a serious chord, which requires the audience's full attention. You could tell the audience took in every word, respectful of her words and the space her words created.
- Usually I share details when I attend an author reading. Yet, because I spent so much time with her, I feel respectful of her privacy. Sounds corny, I know. She was full of wise insights and sass—and I'm not sharing any of it. Some things should remain private.
- Spending time with Natasha on my birthday made the day complete.
- I will share this photo I snapped during the Q&A.