“Oh, the weather outside is frightful …”
It’s snowing here in Eastern Massachusetts. Fortunately, the college decided to let us out early. So not only did I leave work before noon, I was able to stop at Starbucks to get a little writing done.
Haven’t been blogging much this week because I’ve been tightening up my manuscript. So no new poetry this week, but I have been tapping into the local poetry scene.
This past Wednesday I was able to attend a reading with poets Danielle Georges and Richard Wollman. It was held in a gallery, which is such a nice space to hold a reading. And Richard is a sculptor, so it was only fitting that the reading was held in a space for artists.
Now that my revisions are in, back to blogging—and a to-do list.
- Get back to writing poems! At least two this week.
- Work on upcoming NEWS reading series dates with the fabulous Ms. Dionne!
- Start working on second manuscript. No resting on laurels for me. I have enough poems for a book, but I need to revise. Also, I want to write a series of poems for this collection.
- Send out poems. Haven’t done this in two months so I think it’s time.
- Clean desk/get organized.
The Academy Awards are this Sunday. This is my Super Bowl! Will post my Oscar picks this weekend.
What are your plan this weekend?