Confession Tuesday

Howdy folks! Time to share a bit of yourselves with the rest of us. Don't forget to visit the naughty souls hanging out in The Confessional.


I hate posting confessions late. Sorry. Didn't feel like posting last night.

****

Just bought U2's new album No Line on the Horizon on iTunes and so far it's OK. Maybe it will grow on me. U2 is one of the few bands I'll purchase music from no matter what they put out, but this album has a "been there, done that" sound to it. To quote the Energizer Bunny of rock bands, The Rolling Stones, "What a drag it is getting old."

U2 appears on The David Letterman Show all week if you can stay up that late. I can barely get through AC360 on at 10 p.m. EST.

****

Was pleasantly surprised to receive a note from a friend saying that she wanted to use this poem as a poemcard for National Poetry Month. I had forgotten I wrote it. And seeing it again was a gift. Just goes to show that you never know which poems will touch someone enough that they'll remember it long after its release into the world.

****

No new poems written lately, but I've been en fuego since I posted my to-do list. Managed to send out to one journal, and contact a boatload of colleges and organizations to set up readings. Also received a few kind offers based on that post—thank you. My marketing plan is shifting into high gear, eight months ahead of the book's release.

****

This weekend I'm escaping to NYC for a quick trip to see Jo Jo. I need a break from the day to day (read: I need 24 hours where no one calls me "mom."). Will take pics, as always.

****

I have a very understanding husband.

****

Is it me, or is it too soon for conservatives to say, "We need to take back America!"? Can we just leave our new president and his policies alone for six months to see if they'll work? I mean, really! He's been in office less than 35 days—can we give it a try? Please don't get me started.


Comments

i do lurve that pome, too, "The Yard Dreams." didn't realize it previously appeared on your blog. oops. but your friend has excellent taste to use it as a poem-card for Nat'l Poetry Month. kudos!

xxojooxx
Anonymous said…
I confessed! How do I get into the "confessional"?
January said…
Done!
Collin Kelley said…
I watched U2 on Letterman last night and thought they rocked. I'm trying to decide if I want to download No Line on the Horizon or actually buy the physical CD. I've been a U2 fan for more than 20 years, but I will make the purchase.
Odessa said…
january, that poem took my breath away. definitely one of my favorites of yours. how exciting that it'll be used as a poem-card. where can we get this?

i didn't even know U2 has a new album. will have to check it out.

p.s. here's mine confession this week: http://makeshiftwords.blogspot.com/2009/03/confession-tuesday.html
susan said…
You do have a very understanding husband. Has to go a long way in maintaining a healthy, happy marriage. Enjoy your trip.

Popular Posts