Never Surrender


Isn't he lovely?

****

Do you know who else is lovely? Rethabile! We had hoped to meet up on his visit to the U.S., but it doesn't look like that will happen. However, I was able to speak with him on the phone this morning, which made my day. Safe travels, my friend!

****

Also in the category of amazing instances, today I saw the fully designed book cover for Underlife! It looks sweet! CKP has done a wonderful job making it come alive. There have been many hands at work helping to make my book a reality, and now I'm one step closer to fulfilling that dream. Thanks to all.

****
The kids are away with their dad for a few days, so I'm trying to jumpstart my writing with a few exercises. Hoping to write one more poem before the end of the month.

****
Yesterday on the car ride home, Joseph and I were trying to think of Cory Hart's other hit single, besides "Sunglasses at Night," which popped up in my iTunes. It's "Never Surrender."

Comments

Odessa said…
that's a sweet picture of you two! i feel like i know joseph now because of you...and his poems, of course. it's always great to spend time with your BFFs. so excited for your book!
Collin Kelley said…
Y'all are both hot!
Great picture of you both.

Also, Cory Hart had a third hit--a cover of "Can't Help Falling in Love."
January said…
Olie, Didn't know Cory Hart had more than two hits. Learn something new every day!
January said…
Thanks Collin, Odessa.
Really? A 3rd Cory Hart hit? Actually I was shocked that he had, like, 6 or 7 albums!!! "Sunglasses" & "Surrender" are from 2 different albums. Who would've thunk it! & Did you know that the role of Michael J. Fox in "Back to the Future" was first offered to Cory, but he turned it down. Oy vey!
Yeah Rethabile is great! Sorry to hear the meeting didn't work out. Glad you got to talk to him by phone.

Popular Posts