Monday, Monday

It’s one of those mornings where I hated getting out of bed. Could have slept another two hours. That’s certainly true after this weekend, which was filled with kids’ activities: t-ball, a birthday party, bike rides, and swimming. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!


****


I’m giving myself credit for the things I did get accomplished rather than brow-beating myself for what still needs to be done. I managed to hang a few new pictures, bring out the spring clothes, spot-clean the house, make plans for a yard sale, and get some advice for my lawn, which needs a little lovin’ after this past winter. May not seem like a lot, but those things are a big deal to me as head of household.


NaPoWriMo also comes under the “giving myself credit” header. I’m not going to finish NaPo in time, but I’m going to write my 30 poems anyway. Once I got behind after AWP, I had grandiose ideas of writing two poems a day until April 30. In truth, I just don’t have the mental capacity to do that. Besides, I don’t want to post poems just to finish a challenge. And, I feel the need to write in form; I want to take my time with those pieces. So if I can finish my 30 during the first week of May, I’ll be happy.


Then, I am going to take out manuscript #2 and revise, revise, revise. That will be my big project for May.

****


Haven’t posted a to-do list in a while, which I why I’m feeling so unfocused about my writing goals. Will do that today.

Comments

Jessie Carty said…
looking forward to your to do list as i look at mine and make all the line breaks in my 2nd manuscript, thinking "I think I can, I think I can"

Popular Posts