Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks! Hope it's warm and sunny where you are (we're looking at 90 degrees in the Boston area—woo hoo!). Share your hot 'n' steamy confessions with us, and don't forget to visit the sinners in The Confessional.


I'm feeling kinda icky today. Upset tummy. I believe it's a direct result of some stressful things happening in my life. But if one more person says I have Swine Flu, I will lose my mind!

In all seriousness, I'm a relatively healthy, "mind over matter" kind of person. I eat right; I exercise and drink plenty of water. So being sick always throws me for a loop. And I've never been sick because of stress. All I can do, I think, is look for ways to manage the stress because it doesn't look like it's going away for a while.

****

My little guy is sick at home with the same stomach icky-ness that I have. Poor thing. But I don't think it's stress related.

****

NaPoWriMo … three more days. We're through the looking glass, folks. After trailing for most of the month, I'm back on track. It's amazing that a project like this has changed my blogging and writing habits. Just haven't had the time or the energy to write blog posts, upload photos, or visit other blogs. Thankfully, in May I can spend more time doing all those things, as well as put together manuscript #2. So I'll spend the month revising and reshaping. I have a feeling I'll write a short series for the new collection.

May 1, I'll post a recap of my personal NaPoWriMo highlights.

****

Drunken Boat delayed posting their latest issue a week; I'll post a link to my poem in Issue 10 when it's ready. Also received a rejection from the Cincinnati Review. Receiving that rejection made me realize that I don't have many poems out there in circulation. Time to start sending out again. Any suggestions on where to submit over the summer months?

Also, a question for U.S. poets: Have you tried submitting your work to international publications? Just curious.

****

Go Red Sox! Go Celts! Go Bruins! It's a good time to be a Boston sports fan.



Comments

Last July, Diane Lockward did a 3 part posting on her blog where she listed all the journals that read in the summer.

Go here: http://dianelockward.blogspot.com/2008/07/summer-submissions.html

and here: http://dianelockward.blogspot.com/2008/07/summer-submissionspart-2.html

and here: http://dianelockward.blogspot.com/2008/07/summer-submissionspart-3.html

I suspect you'll have to cut and paste into your browser window--I'm not tech-savy enough to make links in this comment section.

And I'd doublecheck all the websites, since journals can always change their minds--and with postage going up, and the economy ever more precarious, who needs the sadness of a waste of stamps?

Happy submitting!
Catherine said…
I suspect the really good poets submit to the more presitigious international journals, and the not so good ones trawl the web for any small journal that will have them.
We do publish the occasional US writer at Takahe (www.takahe.org.nz), also Poetry New Zealand has a base in the US as well and publishes quite a few US poets
Poetry NZ 1040 E E. Paseo El Mirador Palm Springs CA 92262-4837 USA
Anonymous said…
Today I confess that it is with a sense of unease that I figure out how I can once again be fully open and present each day so that I might learn new ways of healing from within; a heart that has been broken, mended, broken and mended again, and now lies somewhere in between teatering in the balance. I wish for a lasting sense of security within myself and my current relationship.
January said…
I hear you, Anonymous. I hear you.
January said…
Catherine and Kristin, thanks for the links.

Diane does an amazing amount of research. I'll definitely check it out.
Goodnight, Mom said…
Swine Flu!

Seriously, Jana, hope you feel better!!!!
Writer Bug said…
Hope you feel better/calmer soon! Congrats on all the poem'ing you did this month
Collin Kelley said…
I've been published in the UK and Australia. I highly recommend Tears in the Fence, based in the UK. A very fine print journal.

Popular Posts