Yesterday, I took my car in for repairs, ordered a mini laptop, killed a mouse, and cut the lawn for the first time ever. I am woman, hear me roar! (Thanks, Helen Reddy.)
Have you read Steven Schroeder's Ranking System for poets? It's a scream, yet all too true.
And now, the August Poetry To-Do's
- Because the marketing question is an important one, I'm going to write a series of blog posts on poetry and marketing. Specifically, I'm seeking out and sharing the innovative ways poets and writers promote their work. I think it's important to recognize successes as well as failures so we not just grow but thrive as a community.
- Write 8 poems. I'm stepping up my number because ... well ... I've written one poem since April. *sigh*
- Continue revising second manuscript.
- Write article for RWP. Dana and co. have done a great job updating the site. It's like a poetry playground of sorts.
- Start reading Animal Vegetable Miracle.