Confession Tuesday

If it’s Tuesday, it’s time to confess! Take a moment to share a little of yourself with us, and we’ll do the same. Don’t forget to stop in and say hello to the sinners doin’ time in The Confessional. If you’d like your name added to The Confessional, let me know!

(Pics from The LEGO Store)



Spent Sunday afternoon at the Rainforest Café and The LEGO Store, which has cemented my status in the Mom Hall of Fame as a Supermom!




Last night we put together a pink house with what seemed like a million pieces. In reality it was only 216 but I’m sure one-fourth of them will be on the floor this afternoon. Still, there was something quite zen putting together this little pink house for the kids.


Alex wants Star Wars LEGOs for his birthday.

****


Lately, I have been wondering two things: Why I’m so tired, and why am I not gaining weight. I’m about 17 lbs lighter since April. Perfectly healthy (last dr’s appt. in July), but well below my pre-pregnancy weight. Thought it was stress but I think it's because I’m on the go for most of my daylight hours. All I do is burn energy. Here’s a sample schedule:

  • 5:30 a.m. Wake up
  • 7 a.m. One-hour commute to work
  • 8 a.m.–4 p.m. Full day at work, one-hour lunch
  • 5:30 p.m. Survived afternoon commute.
  • 5:31–8:30 p.m. Kids, Kids, Kids! Play with kids, prepare and eat dinner, get ready for baths, watch TV or read books, tuck in kids.
  • 8:30 p.m. Crawl into bed with laptop, Red Sox game into background
  • 9 p.m. Fall asleep in uncomfortable position
  • 11:30 p.m. Wake up in an even more uncomfortable position. Turn off laptop, TV. Sulk at my lack of writing. Go to bed.
  • 2 p.m. Get woken up by child who can’t sleep.
  • Repeat cycle the next day.


I’m sure many of us go through periods like this. But for me, this is becoming a new reality. No downtime. I’ve cut out most of the unnecessary stuff so I could streamline my schedule to this. I just have to be better about using my time after 8:30 p.m. (read: stay awake!). When the kids start school in a few weeks, getting them to bed earlier will give me more free time. I’ll just have more to do packing lunches, getting clothes ready, etc.


Calgon, take me away!


****


On the poetry front, I started a new poem that I hope to finish tonight. Still aiming to write and post four poems this week. Also need to read the books piling up on my nightstand, and will start working on manuscript #2 this weekend.


****


Been thinking about my goals for the future--writing, money, happiness--you name it, it's crossed my mind. Will post more about that later tonight.



Have a great day!



Comments

Odessa said…
oh, way to go supermom! i honestly don't know how you do it, but i salute you. looking at your schedule makes me feel bad complaining about my work day. your kiddos look adorable, as always.
January said…
Thanks Odessa. Per usual, I'm in bed with the laptop blogging. Having this time to recharge my batteries is key. Hope you are well.
Collin Kelley said…
Dear Poet Mom,

Collin would also like Star Wars Legos for his birthday. That AT-AT Walker (yes, I am that geeky) in the photo with Alex is cool!

Love,
CK
January said…
Collin, that AT AT walker is motorized, and costs $200.

We saw a Death Star for $400. Can you imagine how many pieces it takes to put together a Death Star? Yikes.
jone said…
Hi, I have not check in on your blog in ages! So happy to see that you have a book coming out. Love the Tuesday Confession time. Your post has inspired me. I feel like I have been on a blogging break.

Popular Posts