Last night we put together a pink house with what seemed like a million pieces. In reality it was only 216 but I’m sure one-fourth of them will be on the floor this afternoon. Still, there was something quite zen putting together this little pink house for the kids.
Alex wants Star Wars LEGOs for his birthday.
Lately, I have been wondering two things: Why I’m so tired, and why am I not gaining weight. I’m about 17 lbs lighter since April. Perfectly healthy (last dr’s appt. in July), but well below my pre-pregnancy weight. Thought it was stress but I think it's because I’m on the go for most of my daylight hours. All I do is burn energy. Here’s a sample schedule:
- 5:30 a.m. Wake up
- 7 a.m. One-hour commute to work
- 8 a.m.–4 p.m. Full day at work, one-hour lunch
- 5:30 p.m. Survived afternoon commute.
- 5:31–8:30 p.m. Kids, Kids, Kids! Play with kids, prepare and eat dinner, get ready for baths, watch TV or read books, tuck in kids.
- 8:30 p.m. Crawl into bed with laptop, Red Sox game into background
- 9 p.m. Fall asleep in uncomfortable position
- 11:30 p.m. Wake up in an even more uncomfortable position. Turn off laptop, TV. Sulk at my lack of writing. Go to bed.
- 2 p.m. Get woken up by child who can’t sleep.
- Repeat cycle the next day.
I’m sure many of us go through periods like this. But for me, this is becoming a new reality. No downtime. I’ve cut out most of the unnecessary stuff so I could streamline my schedule to this. I just have to be better about using my time after 8:30 p.m. (read: stay awake!). When the kids start school in a few weeks, getting them to bed earlier will give me more free time. I’ll just have more to do packing lunches, getting clothes ready, etc.
Calgon, take me away!
On the poetry front, I started a new poem that I hope to finish tonight. Still aiming to write and post four poems this week. Also need to read the books piling up on my nightstand, and will start working on manuscript #2 this weekend.
Been thinking about my goals for the future--writing, money, happiness--you name it, it's crossed my mind. Will post more about that later tonight.
Have a great day!