First Loves




In my hands are the first tomatoes from the garden. Also coming in are strawberries, jalapenos, basil, rosemary, parsley, and cilantro. Waiting on the bell peppers to come in, and late-season beans to sprout. There's something wholly satisifying in being able to grow something.

****

Also satisifying is writing poems, and I have two baseball poems that I'll post today.

****

Saw the movie Julie & Julia yesterday. Delightful! I highly recommend it. Makes me want to buy a Julia Child's cookbook and get in the kitchen. It will give me something to do with my fresh veggies and herbs.

Comments

Heidi G said…
To plant, nuture, grow, and harvest; tese are the joys of gardening and reaping the crops of love and hard work. Don't forget, green tomatoes late turnng color are good cooked with drizzled with olive oil, bread crumbs and a dash of salt and pepper in a fry pan.

Popular Posts