Confession Tuesday

Welcome to Confession Tuesday. Share a bit of yourself with us and we promise to do the same. And if you confess on your blog, let me know so I can stop in and say hello.


I'm staring my November round of readings with tonight's event at the Newton Public Library. Then next week, I'll read with the fabulous Susan Rich at Porter Square Books in Cambridge, and again in Miami at the Miami Book Fair International. Also, Jim Brock will be reading so I'm thrilled to finally meet him in person.

And then the readings slow down. I have a few things planned in early 2011 but I'm keeping my schedule relatively light. Planning for the 2011 Massachusetts Poetry Festival is in full swing and I don't want to overcommit myself.

****

Keeping up with the November poem-a-day challenge is keeping me up at night, literally. When I'm writing daily, it does take less effort to get going but finding time to write has always been an issue. This process forces me to be more open about what makes a poem, which is great. Some of my attempts make me cringe, but I'm happy with much of what I've written. I have more to post and will do so when I get a chance.

****

No NEA grant this year. Oh well, it was my first time applying. Can't wait to see who the recipients are.

****

I have a poem coming out in the January/February edition of North American Review. Woo hoo!

Other than that, I have two other submissions out for review, but I haven't given the publication side of things much attention.

Time for a to-do list.

****

Can you believe Thanksgiving is less than three weeks away?

Comments

Sandy Longhorn said…
Congrats on the NAR publication!
Anonymous said…
Didn't Sandy ^^^ say on her blog that one writer told her s/he applied 14 times for an NEA before at last getting one? I'm sure both of you will be awarded long before then.
January said…
Thanks Sandy!
January said…
Marie, the thought of going through 14 rounds for any grant is enough to make me cry. *sigh!*
Jessie Carty said…
It will be interesting to see who received the nea's. I know so many who applied and it would be so neat to actually know someone who won!

Popular Posts