Daylight Savings

Happy Monday, folks:

I thought for sure the end of daylight savings would really confuse my kids’ schedules. Fortunately the kids seem to be sleeping OK. No one has woken up a 4 a.m., except for me—completely confused about what time it is.

****


Working on PAD poem 7 and will have to come up for something with #8. I needed to take a little break from the writing. I was not in a good mood on Saturday, but woke up Sunday morning feeling somewhat better with three ideas (5, 6, and 7) ready to go. I’ll continue to post my drafts in the evenings so I can tweak here and there.

****


Spent Sunday raking leaves only to have more of them shaken from the trees during an overnight storm. It’s raining horses and cows (as opposed to cats and dogs).

****


If you’re around tomorrow night, I’m reading at the Newton Public Library. Hope you can stop by!

Newton Free Library Poetry Series
Tuesday, November 9
Newton Free Library
330 Homer Street
Newton, MA , 7 p.m.


Ruby Poltorak is a published poet, storyteller, accomplished Yiddish instructor, on the Fireside Poetry Reading Series Board, and long time Newton resident.

January Gill O’Neil is the author of Underlife (CavanKerry Press, 2009).

Philip Burnham has published four books of poetry, two with Ibbetson Street Press. His poems have recently appeared in the Aurorean, Blue Unicorn, Deronda, Ibbetson Street, Lyric and The Seventh Quarry. He also has had a poem read by Garrison Keillor on The Writers' Almanac. In 2010, he won the Gretchen Warren Award from the New England Poetry Club.

Comments

Popular Posts