Confession Tuesday

Happy Confession Tuesday! You know the drill.


Is it me, or does all of this debt crisis/end of the world/financial Armageddon make you want to put your head in the sand? The bickering in Washington D.C. isn't going to solve anything. Living with uncertainty is no way to live, but it has prompted me to look at my own financial house to get things in order. Doesn't seem as if the country will pull itself out of recession soon, so now is a good time to watch my spending and save for the future.

****

Does this mean I will be buying fewer poetry books? Probably not. But from a po-biz standpoint, I have to do more with less. For instance, can I plan readings for a time when I don't need a sitter? Can I plan more readings that are closer to home so I can save on gas? Can I plan local getaways and weekend retreats instead of jetting off to conferences to feed my poetry soul?  It's all about the planning.

****


I've finally made a little headway on my second manuscript. Currently, the manuscript is broken up into four sections, and for some reason I've decided to revise it from back to front. It felt good to dive back into the material--not as intimidating as I thought. My goal is to finish the major revisions by beginning of September, have a friend or two read the material, and then send back to the publisher by October.

My dream scenario is to have it published by March 2013, when AWP comes to Boston. Of course, it's not up to me, but that's what I'm working toward.

****

Speaking of AWP, the panel proposed by Collin Kelley that would have included Deborah Ager, Robert Lee Brewer, Karen Head and me was not accepted. The panel was on Twitter, specifically the Sunday night Poet Party (hashtag #poetparty).

Thanks, Collin, for submitting the proposal. Needless to say, I will not be attending AWP 2012. I just don't have any desire to go to Chicago in the middle of winter. Oh well, maybe AWP Boston 2013.

****

Happy Tuesday, folks!

Comments

Collin Kelley said…
Yep, I'm pretty much off the boil for AWP 2012, but I do want to come to Boston.
Tammy and I were already talking about making it out to Boston before we realized that AWP '13 is there. So we may make it out there as well. Bummed that Collin's panel wasn't accepted.

Popular Posts