My reading tonight at the Soup and Song coffeehouse on Block Island, RI, has been postponed until September 9. Something about rain and heavy winds off the coast ...
We will batten down the hatches today and tomorrow in anticipation of Hurricane Irene. I'm a little worried about my parents, who seem to be in path in Norfolk, VA. They are equally as worried about the kids and me living just off the coast of Cape Ann. I have a few big trees around the house, so any big storm with high winds makes me nervous. The hurricane is supposed to stomp on Connecticut first, then make its way through Western Mass. Maybe the damage won't be as bad as anticipated.
Since I now have a the day off from work, we are headed to the beach--3/4 of a mile from our house. It will be 80 degrees and sunny today.
Because I do have the day off, and presumably a low-key weekend thanks to the weather, I'm psyched to have a few days to spend a little more time with the kids, see friends, work on manuscript revisions, and clean house.
More to come.