Confession Tuesday

Happy last Tuesday of August. Time to confess. Share a little of yourself with us and we promise to do the same.















Today is the first day of school for Alex and Ella!

When the new school year starts, I get the first day of school blues. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to get them back into a routine. But every year they get a little older. I can see it in their faces. I take pictures of them on their first day every year and the difference is noticeable. No baby fat. No first day jitters (well, maybe a few). They are ready to go back to school. I'll get there eventually.

****

As the kids have aged, I have stayed eternally young, of course. Funny how that happens!

****

Also today, my dad is having knee replacement surgery. Please send good thoughts his way. Thanks!

****

I've been fiddling with one of the central poems in my second manuscript for more than a week. It's almost there. But overall, I'm about halfway through the revision process for the collection. I *think* I'll be able to finish up revisions by Labor Day. That's my goal. Once the edits are complete, I'll take a hard look at the order and send to friends for a look-see.

The original arch of the book made sense, and still makes sense, but I may tweak it a bit to see if I can have the emotional quality more consistent throughout. (Do I mean emotional quality or tone? Not sure.) Currently, the third section packs a wallop while the build to that section is lacking a certain depth of feeling.

Happy to be making some headway.

****
And because I am moving forward with m'script #2, I feel up to a new writing challenge. Would like to see if I can write a poem a day in September, just to generate new work that has nothing to do with my current manuscript. This challenge is a lead-in to another poem a day challenge in November. I'll take the month of October to revise and submit. Don't think I have any poems out to journals, which is fine by me.

Comments

Heidi G said…
This special post is to "Father Gill" for a smooth and steadfast recovery so he soon finds himself quickly sliding into "home" base with his new knee replacement! or at least cheering on the Red Sox in the upcoming season and thinking he is able to do as they can do so well this season---- sliding the bases and running the field like nobody's business! ox Heidi
January said…
Thanks, Heidi. Dad made it through just fine. XO
Anonymous said…
Glad to hear the surgery went well. Oh your kids, they're so beautiful! V's first day of kindergarten has been postponed b/c of Irene, alas. Next week! I'm simply stunned that tomorrow is the last day of August.
Odessa said…
aww..they have grown so fast! and yes, i'm with you, i believe i have stayed eternally young too. haha. but no, seriously...you are looking good my friend.

good luck with the second manuscript and all my love to your dad. i hope the surgery went well. xo

Popular Posts