Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks. Time for your confessions. Unburden yourself. Share a little of your life with us and we promise to do the same.


The kids are back from visiting their father, and all is right with the world.

I confess I am surprised how much I missed them. More so, I was surprised how little I got done this week. I mean, I did remodel a room so I shouldn’t be too hard on myself. But I didn’t get as much done on the manuscript as I had hoped. The kids define such a large part of my day that it threw off my week.

The lesson: I really should stop complaining about my lack of time because I get just as much done with them around as I do without them. And, I’m glad they’re home.

****

As for manuscript #2, I did make some progress, revising three poems. It is moving forward. What’s that phrase, “slow and steady wins the race,”? If I were going any slower, I’d be moving backwards. Fortunately, this is not a race, and the revisions are happening.

Even when I’m not at the computer revising, I am tinkering with the manuscript in my head—which is a great sign.

****

The planning committee for the 2012 Massachusetts Poetry Festival is beginning a cycle of meetings and discussions. Now that summer's almost over, we’re back in planning mode. We are taking a look at what worked this year, what we should improve, and how we can get it all done more efficiently.

No festival date yet. Stay tuned for details.

****

Congrats to Joseph O. Legaspi for his beautiful poem, "Threshold of Revelation,"  in the winter/spring issue of Spoon River Poetry Review. Sorry, poem not available online. But it's wonderful.

****

I am trying to be more present in my life. Less multitasking. More enjoyment. I'm reveling in the ordinary magic of my days.

Happy Tuesday, everyone. Thanks for stopping by.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I really should stop complaining about my lack of time because I get just as much done with them around as I do without them. And, I’m glad they’re home.

- I discovered the same thing when I quit teaching last year. I'd blamed my job for my lack of productivity with my writing for YEARS. Turns out I get as much done when I'm not working as I did when I was. Go figure!

Popular Posts