Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Confession Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, folks. Time for your confessions. Unburden yourself. Share a little of your life with us and we promise to do the same.


The kids are back from visiting their father, and all is right with the world.

I confess I am surprised how much I missed them. More so, I was surprised how little I got done this week. I mean, I did remodel a room so I shouldn’t be too hard on myself. But I didn’t get as much done on the manuscript as I had hoped. The kids define such a large part of my day that it threw off my week.

The lesson: I really should stop complaining about my lack of time because I get just as much done with them around as I do without them. And, I’m glad they’re home.

****

As for manuscript #2, I did make some progress, revising three poems. It is moving forward. What’s that phrase, “slow and steady wins the race,”? If I were going any slower, I’d be moving backwards. Fortunately, this is not a race, and the revisions are happening.

Even when I’m not at the computer revising, I am tinkering with the manuscript in my head—which is a great sign.

****

The planning committee for the 2012 Massachusetts Poetry Festival is beginning a cycle of meetings and discussions. Now that summer's almost over, we’re back in planning mode. We are taking a look at what worked this year, what we should improve, and how we can get it all done more efficiently.

No festival date yet. Stay tuned for details.

****

Congrats to Joseph O. Legaspi for his beautiful poem, "Threshold of Revelation,"  in the winter/spring issue of Spoon River Poetry Review. Sorry, poem not available online. But it's wonderful.

****

I am trying to be more present in my life. Less multitasking. More enjoyment. I'm reveling in the ordinary magic of my days.

Happy Tuesday, everyone. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

mareymercy.com said...

I really should stop complaining about my lack of time because I get just as much done with them around as I do without them. And, I’m glad they’re home.

- I discovered the same thing when I quit teaching last year. I'd blamed my job for my lack of productivity with my writing for YEARS. Turns out I get as much done when I'm not working as I did when I was. Go figure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails