Thanksgiving Meme

Well, I didn't make the standby cutoff for the 6 a.m. flight, but the next round of flights at 8 looks pretty good.

In the meantime, here's a Thanksgiving meme. I don't tag, so consider yourself tagged and let me know where your answers are posted.



1. Which do you like better: hosting Thanksgiving at your home, or going elsewhere?
Going elsewhere! No muss, no fuss!

2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen turkey? Organic? Free-range? Tofurkey?
Frozen for us. Not sure if I could tell the difference between frozen and fresh.

3. Do you make stuffing or dressing? What kind?
Stuffing! And I don't make, I eat it.

4. Sweet potato pie or Pumpkin pie?
I like both, but I think sweet potato pie is underrated. Have you ever tried a white potato pie? It's interesting.

5. Are leftovers a blessing or a curse?
The blessing of a bountiful feast. It's like watching the movies Bring It On and Bring It On Again. You know you don't want to go in the second time, but you do anyway! (Does that make sense? Remember, I'm stuck in an airport!)

6. What side dishes are a must-have in your family?
Sweet potatoes. Also, I like to have green veggies next to all the autumnal colors on the table, like asparagus.

7. What do you wish you had that might make Thanksgiving easier?
I wish my parents lived closer to us. I miss her home cooking.

8. If/when you go to someone else’s house for the holiday, do you usually bring a dish? If so, what is it?
I am the dish! But again, if we're talking strictly food, sweet potatoes.

9. What is your favorite after-Thanksgiving activity.
The post-Thanksgiving meal nap!

10. Share one Thanksgiving tradition.
I enjoy catching up with my neices and nephews. I don't see them very often (and I'm not seeing them this year because I'm traveling), but I love having conversations with them now that they're a little older and wiser.


11. Share one Thanksgiving memory.
We used to go to a local pub in the center of town at 8 a.m. and have a few drinks on Thanksgiving morning! Once the kids came into the picture, that all but stopped. But it's one of my favorite memories.

And then, there's the year the Norwalk virus moved through the household with lightening speed. Yeah, as far as memories go, we still talk about that Thanksgiving in astonishment. Ugh. (Remember that, Jo Jo?)

12. Name five things you’re thankful for.

1. My kids--the two most precious people to me in the world.
2. My parents and extended family
3. My coworkers (and my job!)
4. A little book called Underlife
5. Keeping my self-respect in tact, and living this life without any regrets.


And you! Thanks for reading, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

Jessie Carty said…
that is a great meme :) glad you made it to where you were going!
Heidi G said…
Thanksgiving, yes, was last week, but it's fun to share my answers for this Meme:

1. Definitely going elsewhere-
2. Free-range turkeys do taste so much better. Besides I boycotted Tyson company long ago for the inhumane treatment of their 'birds'. No more!!
3. Stuffing it is- mom's recipe lives on : )
4. Pumpkin at holiday time
5. Always a blessing
6. Homemade mashed potatoes
7. My family , with the exception of my sister, does not drive far, never mind to the next town over
8. I would bring something other than a dish like flowers or cider
9. A long nap or more dessert
10. Tradition is saving the wish bone and making a wish with my sister once it is dried and a special time comes along that adds a powerful wish-come-true factor to it
11. There was a time when all my sister and I had was food at McDonald's on Thanksgiving and we were even thankful for that
12. 5 things I am thankful for:
1) my small but special family
2) my health
3) my determination
4) the ability to laugh at life despite the many challenges I have faced
5) the companionship I have shared with the pets in my life

Popular Posts